Wednesday 6 February 2008

Palak Thoran (Stirfried Spinach with Coconut)


Ingredients:

Spinach - 1 bunch
Onion - 1 medium
Green chilies- 3-4 nos.
Freshly grated coconut- 1/2cup
Garlic -5 cloves
Cumin Seeds-1/4tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2tsp
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Oil -1tblsp

Method:

Wash and shred palak (spinach). Ground coarsely, coconut, onion, green chilies, garlic, cumin seeds and turmeric powder Heat oil in a frying pan and fry mustard seeds. Add coarsely ground coconut mixture and fry for one minute and add shredded palak. Keep on stirring on high flame until all ingredients mix well and all the water in it evaporates. Check salt and serve hot as a side dish with boiled rice.

Did You Enjoy this Recipe?

Enter your email ID below to get

more such recipes in your inbox

Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. I truly Love all your dishes here Swapna.They are awesome!And I know you are a great cook right from our college days :)

    I am happy to note that you are keeping really well with the blogger.I wuld suggest you to visit other blogs and encourage them which makes you happy in turn when they visit yours too :)
    New bloggers like you, need lots of encouragements which make you more confident!

    Keep posting!!You are doing a GREAT job Swapna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bharathy told me about your place and good that she did.
    Other wise i would have missed your blog.
    I went through all the recent recipe.
    Well the fish curry looks so delicious. I really miss curry like that.
    And the kappa is too good.
    Actually i like all the dishes.
    Loce the cutlets too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Swapna, I hear that your are a new blogger. I love the Chocolate Souffle you have there. It's one of the hardest desserts to make, you have done a great job. Palak Thoran looks great too. Enjoy blogging!:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Bharathy for all the encouragement and suggestions you are giving to me!!!!!!! I will definitely visit others and leave comments……thanks a lot dear.

    Thank you Happy Cook and Asha for visiting my blog and giving me all the encouragements. You all made my day very special!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog:) Your feedback is important....so feel free to post your comments and questions. Hope to see you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...