Wednesday 5 March 2008

My Cake Decorations


Baking cakes and frosting them for special occasions has been a small sweet tradition that I have followed and I look forward to such occasions like birthdays, anniversary or Christmas. Recently I have seen several posts with photos of cake decoration. So I thought I would add some of my decorations here!!! Please remember I am not a trained cake decorator and have not taken any cake decorating courses. I have learned by trial and error and these are definitely not “the perfect ones", so please do not view these photos from expert’s eyes!!!!



  • Spaceship Cake



  • Sun Cake








































  • Cat Cake






  • Mickey Mouse Cake







  • Toy Telephone Cake





  • Heart Cake





  • Doll Cake







  • Race Car Cake


  • School Bus Cake


  • Hat Cake


  • Butterfly Cake


  • Giraffe Cake


  • Chocolate Fudge Cake


  • Christmas Cake


  • Chocolate Fudge Cake

Did You Enjoy this Recipe?

Enter your email ID below to get

more such recipes in your inbox

Print Friendly and PDF

22 comments:

  1. wow!lovely decorations swapna...

    ReplyDelete
  2. those were wonderful decorations. Simply superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all soooo good Swapna..You are doing great even without training..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..those cakes are very special! THey have been decorated so well! Thks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wish i could decorate like this.
    I loved the barbie one and the hat.
    So who is Mickey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey so sweet!! cake decorations
    I loved car , bus so cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute !! You are doing really well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. With no spl trainings these are SUPERB!!!,my dear!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou Asha, Dhivya, Uma, Maya and Purnima for your lovely comments!!!! Thanks a lot!

    Thankyou Happy Cook! Doll cake is my fav too!! and Mickey is my hubby...

    Thankyou Vanamala....car and bus cakes are my son's fav too!!!

    Thank you Pooja!!!

    Hi Jeena...welcome to my blog...I will definitely check your forum....

    Thanyou my dear friend Bharathy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cake decoration and thanks for sharing the ideas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Swapna, they all look great. I esp loved the bus cake, cute and sleek :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Swapna !
    Nice Hobby dear !
    I am also trying to learn cake decoration nowadays.
    I found your blog as well one more blog - http://cake-decorate.com/ quite interesting for this art.
    Keep posting your tips dear :)
    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  13. First time here. Cakes looks very nice. You did a good job even with out any training. Nobody is perfect yaar. Every body learns through trial and error only. Thanks for sharing your beautiful creations:).Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice cakes...The Hat cake looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  15. your cake decoration is good. looks like there is room for plenty of improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  16. very nice...I like the hat,car...you can become an expert by practise.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE THE PLUTO CAKE! LOOKS JUST LIKE HIM! I ALSO LOVE THE ROCKING HORSE!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Came here to see Aaryan's bday cake - its too cute! I baked Butterfly cake, tutorial frm howdini dot com, and found u hv added your version..which is absolutely colorful! The cake pops too are gr8 Swapna..it was thoughtful of you to make these innovative ones on ur bday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi swapna chechi, happy to know that u r such a great cook.

    ReplyDelete
  20. hey swapna!seeing ur blog has really inspired me to try some dessert recipes.and thank u so much for the eggless fondant recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog:) Your feedback is important....so feel free to post your comments and questions. Hope to see you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...