Thursday 22 January 2009

Celebrating 1 year of blogging with Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles

It has been a year since I started blogging and this is my 50th post. I was fascinated seeing my long lost friend's blog with the beautiful write ups and pictures and with help and directions from her I also started blogging for fun….and at that point I never thought I would come so far and that my new found hobby would replace my all time favorite hobby of embroidery….now I am proud to be a part of this community and it has been a great year learning about various cuisines, making some good friends and also adding to the variety of food on my dinner table.….

Let me Thank each and every visitor who visited my humble blog and also to all of you who encouraged me by dropping a line in my comment box….your comments make my day…and also a big thank you to my dear hubby for supporting me and also waiting patiently with our 4year old son while I finished the photo shoot of my latest experiment :)..I must say there were times when they dug in while I was searching for my camera :( but it was fun….






These truffles I tried from Kraft Foods and you can see the original recipe here.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles

Ingredients:

1 pkg. (8 squares) / 224gms Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP or COOL WHIP Extra Creamy Whipped Topping, thawed
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Method:
  • Microwave chocolate in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring after 1 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
  • Stir in peanut butter until well blended. Cool to room temperature. Gently stir in whipped topping. Refrigerate 1 hour.
  • Scoop peanut butter mixture with melon baller or teaspoon, then shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.



Also let me take this opportunity to wish my dear friend on her birthday who inspired me to blog….....
Happy Birthday Bharathy!!!

Did You Enjoy this Recipe?

Enter your email ID below to get

more such recipes in your inbox

Print Friendly and PDF

17 comments:

  1. congratulations..truffles look yumm..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow 1 year, time do fly. I remember Bharathy telling me bout your blog.
    It had been a pleasure coming to your place and wishing you many more years of happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS on : Ur 1st year of Blogging, Ur 50 yummollicious posts, Ur BHARATY's bday..HAPPY BDAY BHARATY..had u not encouraged this lovely dame, I wd hv missed on her recipes n her friendship as well! What a lovely treat for her, though virtual!
    Truffles look tempting! Shall pester u when I try it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice dessert for this occassion yum..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking dessert to celebrate one year anniversary, enjoy! :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Swapna..
    Heartfelt wishes for many many more lovely years of Blogging.. :)
    How can I ever Thank You for all this love, Swapna?? :)

    Tiiight Hugs,!!:)

    Hugs to you too dear Happy Cook, who has always encouraged Swapna right from the start.. :)..

    and Purnima...you are such a sweetie pie!!!..Thanks a ton for those lovely wishes...:)

    P.S- Swapna...I just Love LOVE peanut truffles!!..and I see the yummiest ones here.. :)..(so you now know with what you've got to traet me,next time we meet ;))
    ..rather than me trying to make them and end up with a big flop..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on completing a year! many more years to come:-)

    Those truffles look wonderful. I did not know making them were this simple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!Truffles are looking yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Swapna, thats great n congrats for ur 1 year blogging..those chocolate peanutbutter truffles looks gorgeous n yummy...my hearty wishes to u to continue more n more in blogsphere..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Swapna, Congratulations on completing 1 yr of blogging..

    Tuffles looks very delicious

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Swapna,

    sorry I had missed your comment on my blog..thanks for visiting..hey! I see that you are in kuwait..well..me too...am basically from kerala, now staying in mahboula, working in salmiya..glad to meet a co-blogger from kuwait...keep in touch..my id is
    son.santho@gmail.com

    cheers,
    sona

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on completion of 1 year and wishes to celebrate many more annv...
    Truffles look simply gorgeous and delicious

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Swapna! Much more years to come!

    Thank you very much for your kind comment on my blog. I am touched.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on yur first year anniversary, swapna!! the truffles look delicious! I love truffles a lot!! :-)

    and congrats on winning the third prize on santa's holiday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Swapna, heartiest congrats..3rd there!! Wow..am feeling just so happy for you! WIshed that you cd b ahead! :) HUGS..take care ..bye!

    ReplyDelete
  16. until very recently I didnt know you were akka's friend :) Thank you so much for the lovely comments and encouragement Swapnachechy :)

    those truffles look super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these truffles..Peanuts n chocolate is a nice combo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog:) Your feedback is important....so feel free to post your comments and questions. Hope to see you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...