Wednesday 11 February 2009

Poodina / Mint Chutney

This chutney goes very well with grilled Indian platters.


Ingredients:
1/2 cup Poodina Leaves (Mint Leaves) (1/2 bunch)
1 cup Hara Dhania (Coriander), chopped along with the stem
2 Green Chillies, chopped
1 Onion, Chopped
1 1/2 tsp Amchoor (Dry Mango Powder)
1 1/2 tsp Sugar
1/2 tsp Salt

Method:

  • Wash coriander and mint leaves.
  • Grind all ingredients with just enough water to get the right chutney consistency.

This goes to Chutney / Dip Mania at Mane Adige

Recently JZ of Tasty Treats conducted Santa's Holiday Challenge Event and I got 3rd place for my Lemon Meringue Pie. This was my first ever win in the blogsphere. My heartfelt thanks to all those who voted for me.




It is very common for us to get to see a lot of snow photos and now it’s my turn to show you what we have today in Kuwait:)






Yes it is a Sand Storm and it looks like this at 1pm local time!!! My entire flat is covered with dust. My God please help me clean up this mess :(

Did You Enjoy this Recipe?

Enter your email ID below to get

more such recipes in your inbox

Print Friendly and PDF

13 comments:

  1. Ha ha one place it is snow and then then other it is sand storm.
    Congrats with the winning.
    I love pudina chutney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice way of pudina chutney...congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats !! That chutney is indeed versatile... I make & freeze in big boxes:)

    Goodness Gracious! First time I am seeing a picture of sand storm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the exact way I make pudina chutney. Looks good and the colour has come out good too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Swapna, the chutney is lovely green in color..love to watch this color after yest. orange! Felt as if we are inhaling n eating sand too! First time so much of storm! I hv sent mail..chk..my view..:D Missed posting yest..wd do soon! :D The ORANGE glow in the house looked good..but a look outside felt depressing..AND I WILL MAKE this lovely chutney! tks for sharing wd taste so good in normal sandwich! Yay Wd get a new thing to post!:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey ! congrats on the win..
    and the storm..:(((, the dust is still up to my throat...still in bad dry cough

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats on ur win. The pudina chutney looks gr8. I just love to use it as a sandwich spread and also as a dip for pakodas and other snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the win!..(if not I am here with "not too late wishes")..

    My MIL makes mint chuntney, though I have not tried..she uses tamarind instead of amchoor powder..let me suggest her your method,next ;)..

    P.S- Does a 'Super Girl' like you would really bother abt the mess created by the mere sand storm??!! ;) :D ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this chutney! Will try it out soon...!
    thanks so much for sharing the pics of sand storm,never seen before!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hee..just read Bharaty's comment..indeed its less messier than the clean up after a butter cream...What say?? God give strength to our vacuums..v r needing them again, wt full power for next 3 days as per forecast! :D Happy sandy day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow..so you live in kuwait..my Dad is there and I have visited kuwait..have seen this sand storm..its terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dude!
    Actuallu I dont know about you, but I love the name SWAPNA. Because of this one i saw ur blogspot. Anyway u blog is nice.

    Bless me so that my Love can success.
    Thanx

    Ur frd DSB SD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog:) Your feedback is important....so feel free to post your comments and questions. Hope to see you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...