Thursday 23 April 2009

Rising Phulka


After I saw this at Kamala's I got tempted and thought of making it and it was a super hit in my family. I got the perfect soft Phulkas ever since!!! Thank you Kamala for posting this.

Ingredients
Wheat flour - 2cups
Salt - 1tsp
Warm water - 1 cup

Method:
  • Take wheat flour and mix salt to this.
  • Now slowly add warm water to this and knead
    well to get a soft dough.
  • Keep it aside for 30 min.
  • Make medium sized balls and roll out to a uniform,
    thin rounds.
  • Keep the rolled out phulkas on a hot tawa.
  • Flip it to another side when you see the white spots.Cook this side well.
  • Now take it out from tawa and put the half cooked side directly on high flame.
  • And there you get the perfect rising phulkas.

Did You Enjoy this Recipe?

Enter your email ID below to get

more such recipes in your inbox

Print Friendly and PDF

13 comments:

  1. I have neve rmade phulka at home, now you are tempting to make them.
    Just hope when i make it also puff u like this. Superb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..the phulkas have puffed up well..I will try your method.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phulkas are looking so soft and amazingly puffed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly puffed up phulka..I too make them the same way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Making phulka's makes the whole kitchen smell like home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowww lovely..phulka looks soft !

    ReplyDelete
  7. HC...Please try....I am sure it will come out nicely:)

    Thanks Madhu...pls try and let me know..:)

    Thank you Ramya, Pavithra and Vaidehi:)

    You are right Srimathi:)

    Thanks Priya:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great attempt- successful too Swapna! Loved 'The Rising' snaps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow..amazing dear..!! I so want to try this..but with an electric gas,I guess no chance..haa..I'll try once I go to India..:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have tried it at home, smells really nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog:) Your feedback is important....so feel free to post your comments and questions. Hope to see you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...