Monday 29 November 2010

Unakka Chemmeen Chammanthi Podichathu / Dry Prawns Chutney Powder :)....

My dad loves fish and he insisted on having fish every day. So when fresh fish was not available mom used to make curries like chemmenum mangayum, unakka meenum vazhakkayum,unakka meenum murigakkayum or dry side dishes like unakkameen varuthathu, unakkameen chamanthi or this chammanthi podi. Recently I grabbed a packet of dry prawns and I phoned my mom’s sister for the recipe ;) This easy to make quick side dish goes very well with boiled rice and is best served with Kanji (rice gruel) :)...…Yummy….:)

Unakka Chemmeen Chammanthi Podichathu (Dry Prawns Chutney Powder)

Ingredients:
Clean Dry Prawns-150gm
Chumannulli / Shallots-10
Grated Coconut- 1 ½ cups
Green Chillies-3-4
Curry Leaves-1 stalk

Method:
Grind coarsely all the ingredients together in a mixy. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and sauté the ground mixture stirring well, add salt if necessary. Serve hot as a side dish with Kanji (rice gruel) or with rice, curd and a mezhukkupuratti or thoran.



Did You Enjoy this Recipe?

Enter your email ID below to get

more such recipes in your inbox

Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

  1. I love dry chemeen dishes but never had this one. I have not ahd dried chemeen for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally new to me...sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. you wont believe but just half an hour back Hubby was telling me that he has seen very small dried prawns in the super market and I told him to bring a packet as I have seen this chutney somewhere in the blogosphere...and see here you are with the recipe. bookmakred.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had this but def looks interesting and beautiful pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. too good,..perfect with rice,..;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. woww.. amma ithavana undaaki koduthayachirunnu.. photo edukkan saavakaasam kittiyilla.. ellam njan kazhichu theerthu.. im getting its aroma here swapna.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. superbbb ayittundu kanji kku super combo anu

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog:) Your feedback is important....so feel free to post your comments and questions. Hope to see you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...