Tuesday 7 December 2010

Snowballs / Meringue Cookies


Snowballs / Meringue Cookies

(Recipe from 180 Every Day Cakes & Bakes)
Makes about 20

Ingredients:
2 egg whites
115g/4 oz/1/2 cup caster sugar
15 ml/ 1 tbsp corn flour (cornstarch), sifted
5 ml/ 1 tsp white wine vinegar
1.5 ml/ ¼ tsp vanilla extract




Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 150C/300F and line two baking sheets with baking parchment.
  • Whisk the egg whites in a grease-free bowl, using an electric whisk, until very stiff.
  • Add caster sugar, a little at a time, whisking after each addition until the meringue is very stiff and glossy. Whisk in the corn flour, vinegar and vanilla extract.
  • Using a teaspoon, mound the mixture into snowballs on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 30 minutes.
  • Cool on the baking sheets, and then remove the snowballs from the paper with a metal spatula.

Notes:
These meringues contain the magic ingredients that gave them a chewy centre than being crisp throughout. You can mix the cornflour, white wine vinegar and vanilla extract together in a small bowl and sprinkle it over the mixture before finally folding it in if you like.


I am sending these goodies to:
2- Champa's Bake off event.

Did You Enjoy this Recipe?

Enter your email ID below to get

more such recipes in your inbox

Print Friendly and PDF

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meringues look delicious Swapna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always have loved meringues...urs look too good! and beautiful....I wish I could take one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love meringues.. this looks super cute and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As pretty as snow..looks very tempting

    ReplyDelete
  6. snowball cookies look perfect for the jingle event on my blog :-)
    will be glad if u send them ,
    luv your header

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always fascinated by these meringue, yet to put my hands to make them..Looks soo cute..

    ReplyDelete
  8. When S was small she loved these, love the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They do look like small snowballs, very very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter wants me to make them for her. So will book mark this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice ones. I have not made meringue cookies till today. You know why, I cannot separate the eggs to save my life. I bought a tool to do that. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog:) Your feedback is important....so feel free to post your comments and questions. Hope to see you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...