Monday 11 April 2011

Spicy Chicken Skewers


Made this easy spicy chicken skewer recently after seeing it at Living Lou’s place. It was so easy to make with only 5 ingredients :)… I grilled mine in my cooking range…. You can either bake in the oven or grill as you wish… Next time when I make this I will thread some capsicum pieces, onion and tomatoes along with the chicken…  you can serve this as a starter or as a side dish when you plan a menu… try to include this when you plan your Easter menu :)…  by the way if you need ideas to plan your Easter menu please check here :)….
                               (Featured on Foodbuzz Top 9)


Spicy Chicken Skewers
(Recipe adapted from here and originally from Canadian Living Magazine)

Ingredients
500gms chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/4 cup chilli sauce (I used Sriracha hot chilli sauce)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper

Method:
  • Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
  •  In small bowl, combine chili sauce, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper and marinate chicken pieces in the sauce mix.
  • Preheat the grill or oven (190 C / 375F).
  • Thread chicken pieces onto skewers and brush leftover sauce over all sides of the chicken.
  • Place chicken skewers on a greased grill or on a greased baking sheet.
  • Grill both sides until done turning in between (or bake 15 minutes each side, or until chicken is fully cooked).
  • Sprinkle with a little lime juice and serve.

.
On another note, I am really happy on my first ever win on a giveaway on blogsphere :) Woke up late on Saturday morning and was checking my reader and saw Divya’s update and was simply scrolling through the brownie entries and at the end I saw the winner was Swapna of Swapna’s Cuisine! I couldn’t believe I was the winner and I re-checked my entry number and name again and again to confirm :)…Thank you Divya for the lovely surprise!

Did You Enjoy this Recipe?

Enter your email ID below to get

more such recipes in your inbox

Print Friendly and PDF

25 comments:

  1. Wow....my favorite one...looks extremely delectable.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, very tempting chicken skewers,super irresistible..

    ReplyDelete
  3. entammoooo ithrayum vanarunno? oru rakshayumilla...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very tempting...drooling here

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skewers looks so tempting! I loved the colour and how much it's charred towards the edges.

    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect healthy chicken....will try it for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG spicy and delicious,tempting skewers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mind-blowing picture with a winning recipe!! Excellent shots, too! Hey do think this will work with any hot sauce ( I see you used Thai)? I wanna try it soon- thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photo; glad you enjoyed the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jaisy ~Thank you
    Ben ~ Thanks
    Kitchen Flavours ~ Thank you dear Priya ~ Thank you
    Tina~ Nalla eluppam alle pettannu undakku:)
    Sharmilee ~Thanks dear
    Usha ~Thank you
    Priti~Thank you
    Ria ~ Thank you
    Nisa~ Please do let me know the outcome:)
    Suja~ Thanks
    Plateful~ Thanks dear... Yes used Thai sauce as we wanted it little more spicy... you can use any other chilly sauce...do let me know the outcome:)
    Livinglou~ Thanks for such an easy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks Awesome !! Loved the color !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks amazing! We're going to have this for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Incredible color! This looks so very good. I can't resist the spicy dinner items.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Swapna i am saying this pictures makes anyone drool even they r vegetarian he he ..its for me too..perfection !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is our all time fav. I make the sauce and marinade mix while hubby grills. I could eat these non stop with some chill beer :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good one. I am sure many will get tempted to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Any recipe that originates in Canadian Living has to be great! I'm looking forward to trying these.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the Foodbuzz top 9 today! The skewers look so delicious. Thanks for sharing this great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love spicy stuff and chicken is such a great carrier for it! Sriracha is the best too :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the presentation and the clicks,A beautiful spicy chicken nibblers, looks so appetizing and beautiful.Wow u have two blogs,u r a mom and a artist at the same time?
    Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  21. Making these tonight! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This blog is great source of information about Saint Patrick’s Day which is very useful for me. It very important information about Saint Patrick’s Day
    Thank you very much for this useful information.

    Thanks for this great information.

    BEST SKEWERS RECIPES FOR SAINT PATRICKS DAY.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog:) Your feedback is important....so feel free to post your comments and questions. Hope to see you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...