Tuesday 10 May 2011

Chocolate Chip Cranberry Flax Cookies


This must surely rate amongst the tastiest & healthiest cookies that I have baked recently. You can make different variations by mixing dry fruits or nuts of your choice. I have already tried cranberries, raisins, and a mix of raisins and almonds.... every time it came our perfectly and delicious and filling too…Like Miryam wrote on her blog these are cookies that don’t taste like healthy cookies :)…  you can even replace some of the flour with cocoa powder… haven’t tried that though… try these cookies I am sure you will love these healthy cookies!

(Featured on Foodbuzz Top 9)



Chocolate Chip Cranberry Flax Cookies
(Recipe Source: Eat Good 4 Life)
Yield: 28 – 30 small cookies

Ingredients:
¾ cup whole wheat flour (can replace with ¼ cup cocoa powder)
¼ cup ground flaxseed
½ cup oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup canola oil
⅔ cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup dry cranberries (You can do a mixture of dry fruits, nuts, or just use 1 ½ cups of chocolate chips. I already tried with ¾ cup raisins and ¼ cup chopped almonds)
½ cup dark chocolate chips


Method:
  • Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
  • In a medium bowl whisk oil, sugar, egg and vanilla. Add flour, flax, oats, baking soda, chocolate chips and cranberries and combine with a rubber spatula.
  • Drop rounded scoops onto a lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
  • Cool in the cookie sheet for 1-2 minutes and transfer to a wire rack. 
  • Enjoy!


Did You Enjoy this Recipe?

Enter your email ID below to get

more such recipes in your inbox

Print Friendly and PDF

16 comments:

  1. I have to try this soon, if it's healthy and tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart cookies, my kids too. Will definitely come back for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy perfectly baked cookies...looks super yumm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks so much!! Your picture looks awesome.

    Glad you liked the cookies :-)
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  5. First tym here... perfect cookies...Happy following u

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks superb n yummy..love to munch them...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww... looks soo tempting and perfect.. love the presentation dear.. thanks for sharing :)
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dark chocolate and cranberries!?! This is my cookie... all the better that it has flax!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..tempting..love these..wonderful combination of flavours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scrumptious cookies,looks marvellous..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks very tempting and also very healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks too good..

    New to ur space and Happy to follow u

    Do visit me as time permits
    http://comeletseat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have had something similar to this recipe with me from the book "good to the grain". Now I'm going to try the flour combo you used..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. My kids are gona love this! cranberry juice of Harvest is their current fave.. Thought I’ll make something with cranberries for them this weekend.. this looks too good.. I hope they look the same when I bake them..where can I find dry cranberries? Haven’t seen them in the store I think…

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog:) Your feedback is important....so feel free to post your comments and questions. Hope to see you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...