Tuesday 9 November 2010

Red Velvet Cake Pops :)...



Bakerella introduced Cake Pops in the blog sphere and I was waiting for an occasion to try it. My little one always wants to cut a cake not only for his b’day but also for his mom and dad’s …So on my birthday I tried these cake pops instead of my usual birthday cake with butter icing which is my son’s favorite (my husband and I are really fed up of eating the same ;)...… I thought I could impress my little one with these cake pops…. He loved the pops but still prefers a theme cake on birthdays so he can blow out the candles and cut the cake ;)….. These moist red velvet cake covered with chocolate is really delicious and we all loved it…. It will be a big hit at kid parties… even adults will enjoy eating them ;)…..you can even use store bought cake, if you are not in a mood to make the cake and crumble it ;) …... Bakerella used candy melts and lollipop sticks which I couldn’t find ….instead I used baking chocolate and bamboo skewers… I cut each skewer into 3 and used it….. Also Bakerella used a styrofoam block to dry the cake pops… I used my colander :).... here is how I made these Cake Pops…






Red Velvet Cake Pops

Ingredients:
Half portion of Red Velvet Cake
5-6 tbsp Homemade Mascarpone cheese
150-200 gm Dark or Semi sweet chocolates
1tbsp Rum (optional)
Sprinkles (optional)



Method:
  • After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into a large bowl.
  • Mix thoroughly with mascarpone cheese and rum…. (I used a food processer for crumbling and mixing…. You can use the back of a large spoon or use your finger tips to mix together).
  • Roll mixture into small balls (I got 35 cake balls) and place on a tray lined with wax paper.
  • Chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or you can even freeze it to 15-20 mints to speed up the process.
  • Melt chocolate in a bowl over boiling water or in the microwave as per directions on package.( I used baby bottle warmer to melt chocolate ~ grate the chocolate and put in to a clean dry glass and keep the glass in the bottle warmer ..…I found it is easier to dip the cake pops into a glass of melted chocolates :)...
  • Dip the tip of your skewer or lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and insert in the cake balls. (Insert a little less than halfway.)
  • Place them in the freezer for a little while to firm up.
  • Once firm, carefully insert the cake ball into the melted chocolate by holding the stick and rotating until covered. Once covered remove and softly tap and rotate until the excess chocolate falls off. Don’t tap too hard or the cake ball will fall off, too.
  • Immediately sprinkle the pops with the sprinkles before the chocolate has a chance to set.
  • Once the sprinkles are on, put the lollipop stick on the colander or into the styrofoam block to dry.
  • Repeat until all the cake pops are complete.
  • Enjoy your Cake Pops!


Note:

  1. We like it without sprinkles…but kids will love the look with the sprinkles on top.
  2. You can even paint the Cake pops like Bakerella did with edible ink pen.
  3. Be very careful while melting the chocolates…. It will curdle even with a drop of water. Made that mistake twice and wasted two sets of chocolate:(



Sending these Cake Pops to:

The Chocolate Fest over at Cook Curry Nook.

Champa's Bake-off event.


Did You Enjoy this Recipe?

Enter your email ID below to get

more such recipes in your inbox

Print Friendly and PDF

14 comments:

  1. Cake pops looks yummy. After seeing the Bakerella cake pops my son was demanding for one and I was wondering where to look for lollipop sticks. Thanks for the bamboo skewars idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww soo cute and fabulous cake pops..

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those cute looking pops...nice presentation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that pops and thats really wonderful site. Yours look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been so fascinated by these cute cake pops..you can actually make them at home..??the thought never really crossed my mind..always thought they were a li'l tricky.Yours look so so cute,love them all,with sprinkles and without.Hope you had a great birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cake pops look super good. My son wants cupcakes for EVERYBODY's b'day, be it his or his parents or Barack Obama :-) He loves lollipops too, I'm sure he's going to love this. Will give them a try soon. Pics look mouth watering.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your cake pops

    ReplyDelete
  8. i often visit the bakerella site to check what new she has made...your pops look so cute. and yes kids will love these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh they look adorable Swapna, so colourful perfect for kids, i don't think i have be kid again to eat one of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is such a cool idea. Most kids cannot eat more than this amount of cake. Will make note of this recipe and make it soon sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look gorgeous. I have made cake pops before I started blogging. Your idea of using the colander is a cool one. Thanks for the entry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for being a part of the Chocolate Fest, as part of Cook-curry Nook's 1st Anniversary celebrations! Hope you had a rollicking time preparing all those chocolate goodies and devouring them. The winner of the giveaway will be announced shortly, along with the round-up. Keep those fingers crossed! May lady luck be with you :)

    Cheers
    Madhuri

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog:) Your feedback is important....so feel free to post your comments and questions. Hope to see you soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...